Kumail Nanjiani‘s Emotional Journey After Eternals’ Negative Reviews Kumail Nanjiani’s Emotional Journey After Eternals’ Negative Reviews
The Impact of Harsh Criticism on the Marvel Star
Kumail Nanjiani, known for his roles in Movies like “The Big Sick” and “The Lovebirds,” has opened up about the emotional toll he experienced after the release of the 2021 Marvel film “Eternals,” which received predominantly negative reviews from critics and audiences alike.
Seeking Professional Help: A Path to Healing
In a recent interview on the “Inside of You With Michael Rosenbaum” podcast, Nanjiani revealed that the overwhelmingly negative response to “Eternals” led him to seek professional help. He admitted to struggling with the criticism, feeling that it was unfair and hurtful to him and his wife, Emily V. Gordon.
The Press Tour: A Challenging Experience
Nanjiani shared that the press tour for “Eternals” coincided with the early lifting of the review embargo, which resulted in the cast and crew promoting the film while simultaneously facing the barrage of negative feedback. He described the experience as “really, really hard” and acknowledged that it was heightened by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Self-Reflection and a Shift in Perspective
Through counseling, Nanjiani gained a new perspective on his approach to work and the importance of not basing his self-worth on external validation. He recognized that he needed to prioritize his mental and emotional well-being and make changes to protect himself from the impact of harsh criticism.
Addressing Body Image and Trauma
In addition to the negative reviews, Nanjiani also discussed the challenges he faced in preparing for his role in “Eternals,” which required him to undergo a significant physical transformation. He revealed that he developed an unhealthy relationship with food and body image, leading to feelings of shame and vulnerability. Nanjiani emphasized the importance of addressing these issues and seeking support when struggling with body-related trauma.
Moving Forward: A New Outlook on Life and Work
Nanjiani’s journey through counseling and self-reflection has allowed him to move forward with a renewed sense of purpose and resilience. He is committed to approaching his work in a healthier way, focusing on the creative process and the joy of storytelling, rather than seeking external validation. Nanjiani’s story serves as a reminder of the importance of seeking support when facing challenges and prioritizing mental health in the face of adversity.
- New Marvel Movies Coming in 2023: A Thrilling Lineup Awaits
- Marvel Upcoming Movies: Unveiling the Exciting Future of the Cinematic Universe
- Eternals Full Movie: Where to Watch the Epic Marvel Adventure
- Marvel Movies: A Comprehensive Guide to the Cinematic Universe
- Marvel Movie Reviews: A Critical Look at the Latest Releases
- New Marvel Movies 2023: A Thrilling Lineup Awaits
- Marvel Movies Coming Out: Unveiling the Upcoming Cinematic Treats
- All Marvel Movies in Order: A Chronological Guide to the Cinematic Universe
- Black Panther: A Cultural Phenomenon and Box Office Triumph
- Thor: Love and Thunder: A Godly Adventure Filled with Action and Humor
- Best Movies of 2022: A Cinematic Journey Through the Year’s Top Films
- Guardians of the Galaxy: A Spacefaring Adventure with Heart and Humor
- Marvel Movies in Order: A Comprehensive Guide to the Cinematic Universe
- Hollywood Movie Reviews: A Critical Look at the Latest Releases
- Movie Reviews: A Guide to the Latest Films and Their Critical Reception
- Latest Movies: Stay Updated on the Newest Releases in Cinema
- Marvel Eternals: Exploring the Epic Origins of Cosmic Heroes
- Marvel Movies 2023: A Thrilling Lineup Awaits
- Best Marvel Movies Ranked: A Celebration of the Cinematic Universe’s Finest