Watch Grammys Live: The View Host Alyssa Farah Griffin Bashes Jay-Z for ‘Taking Away’ from Taylor Swift’s Moment at the Grammys
The View Star Alyssa Farah Griffin Said Jay-Z’s Grammys Speech Was ‘Taking Away’ from Taylor Swift’s Moment
The View star Alyssa Farah Griffin is not a fan of Jay-Z’s Grammys speech. During the broadcast, Jay-Z called out the Recording Academy for never awarding his wife, Beyoncé, with an Album of the Year award. Griffin felt that this was “taking away” from Taylor Swift‘s moment, as she was poised to make history and become the first-ever artist to win four Album of the Year awards.
Watch the Grammys: Jay-Z’s Grammys Speech Draws Criticism from The View’s Alyssa Farah Griffin
Griffin said on The View, “I just don’t like… it feels like taking away from artists who are winning that night. Beyoncé has been such a support system to Taylor Swift. She showed up to the opening of her Eras Tour movie, Taylor went to hers, and it felt like it was taking away from her making history that night by winning the most Albums of the Year.”
Grammys How to Watch: Where to Watch the Grammys
The Grammys can be watched live on CBS or streamed on Paramount+. The ceremony will also be available to watch on demand after it airs.
The Grammys Where to Watch: Jay-Z Calls Out Grammys Over Beyoncé’s Lack of Album of the Year Wins
In his speech, Jay-Z said, “I’m just sayin’, we want y’all to get it right. We love y’all… at least get it close to right. And obviously it’s subjective — y’all don’t gotta clap at everything — obviously it’s subjective because, you know, it’s music and it’s opinion based. But, you know, some things — I don’t want to embarrass this young lady, but she has more Grammys than everyone and never won album of the year. So even by your own metrics, that doesn’t work.”
Grammy Awards: Alyssa Farah Griffin Criticizes Jay-Z’s Grammys Speech Over Taylor Swift
Griffin’s criticism of Jay-Z’s speech sparked a debate on The View. Not everyone agreed with Griffin’s take. Sunny Hostin defended Jay-Z, saying, “I liked that he had the courage to say it for his wife. I like when a couple whose had a tumultuous relationship at times, you see that longevity, you see that love and see them stick up for each other. I liked that part of it.”
The Grammys ceremony was held on February 5, 2024, and Taylor Swift won the Album of the Year award for her album Midnights.
- Jay-Z Calls Out Grammys Over Beyoncé’s Lack of Best Album Wins: ‘When I Get Nervous, I Tell the Truth’
- Jay-Z Calls Out Grammys Over Beyoncé’s Lack of Best Album Wins
- Jay-Z calls out the Grammys while accepting the Dr. Dre Global Impact Award. “When I get nervous, I tell the truth,” the hip-hop artist said.
- Taylor Swift Merch: Where to Buy Taylor Swift’s New Eras Tour Merch
- Artists with Most Grammys: Who Has the Most Grammy Awards?
- Beyoncé Grammy Looks: Beyoncé’s Most Iconic Grammy Award Outfits
- Jay Z Grammys: Jay-Z’s Performance History at the Grammys
- Grammy Winners: Complete List of Grammy Award Winners